- To promote reading through classic readers and fairy tales and reading across the curriculum through STEM reading and various text-types.
- To foster autonomous learning and cater for learner diversity through e-learning and school-based tasks.
- To enhance English language competence and promote positive values and attitudes in pupils through various co-curricular activities.
- To cultivate national identity through different activities about Chinese culture , traditions and customs.
To promote reading and reading across the curriculum through:
- introducing fairy tales to P.1-3 pupils and classic readers to P.4-6 pupils to arouse their interest in children’s literature.
- further promotion of STEM books in collaboration with the library activity 'STEM reading' and introduction of the newly purchased books which match with the General Studies’ topics in the English lessons.
To foster autonomous learning and cater for learner diversity through:
- e-learning exercises (A Passage A Week provided by Pearson) , and on-line exercises(STAR).
- e-learning lessons and Google classroom.
- catering for learner diversity through revising one supplementary worksheet , grading all worksheets and refining writing booklets.
- reviewing and refining P.1-6 project work.
- implementing graded tasks in notebook and various forms of presentation in P.4-6 project work.
To enhance English language competence and promote positive values and attitude in pupils through various co-curricular activities:
- Speech Festival (P.1-6)
- Puppetry Competition(P.5)
- Drama Festival(P.4-6)
- SCOLAR activities:
- Dr. Grammar (P.3)
- Language Lab (P.3)
- Spelling Competition (P.1-3)
- English Saying of Wisdom – Week of Positivity (P.1-6)
- Interclass Writing Competition (P.1-6) 'Perseverance' 'Tell A Tale Writing Competition'
- English Broadcasting (P.4)
- English Puppetry (P.5)
- English Bulletin (P.6)
- English Radio Drama Competition for school (P.4-6)
To cultivate pupils’ sense of national identity through different English activities:
- P.1 Chinese Rattle Drum
- P.2 Chinese Zodiac Wheel
- P.3 Chinese Food Riddles
- P.4 Chinese Lion Dance
- P.5 Chinese Myths
- P.6 Chinese New Year